ImageMagick is an image manipulation software suite for a wide variety of formats. ImageMagick's features are utilized on a number of websites, such as Wikipedia, whose MediaWiki software uses ImageMagick to process and present images. A X Window GUI front end for ImageMagick exists, in additon to a command line version.
GraphicsMagick is a fork of ImageMagick 5.5.2 emphasising the cross-release stability of both the programming API and user interface.
- animates an image sequence on any X server.
- mathematically and visually annotate the difference between an image and its reconstruction.
- overlaps one image over another.
- interprets and executes scripts written in the Magick Scripting Language (MSL).
- convert between image formats as well as resize an image, blur, crop, despeckle, dither, draw on, flip, join, re-sample, and much more.
- displays an image or image sequence on any X server.
- describes the format and characteristics of one or more image files.
- saves any visible window on an X server and outputs it as an image file. You can capture a single window, the entire screen, or any rectangular portion of the screen.
- resize an image, blur, crop, despeckle, dither, draw on, flip, join, re-sample, and much more. Mogrify overwrites the original image file, whereas, convert writes to a different image file.
- create a composite image by combining several separate images. The images are tiled on the composite image optionally adorned with a border, frame, image name, and more.
- a lightweight tool to stream one or more pixel components of the image or portion of the image to your choice of storage formats. It writes the pixel components as they are read from the input image a row at a time making stream desirable when working with large images or when you require raw pixel components.
- psd2png: Convert Adobe Photoshop (PSD) files to PNG:
convert foo.psd -thumbnail 640x640 foo.png
- Flatten layers of a PSD file:
convert foo.psd -flatten foo_flat.jpg
- Convert an image file to a 32x32 PNG (useful for favicons):
convert foo.png -resize 32x32 favicon.png
- ImageMagick - Official project homepage
- imagick — provides a wrapper to the ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library for PHP.
- GraphicsMagick homepage - A fork of ImageMagick
- Bash Batch Image Processing Script - Bash script that simplifies ImageMagick manipulation from the commandline
- Anthony Thyssen's - Examples of command line ImageMagick Usage