My father, older brother, and I have been trying to set personal records of any kind for many years. These include anything from the most countries visited, the highest mountain climbed, the furthest north or south in latitude, the most timezones visited, etc. It is a hobby of sorts.
Below is an incomplete list of my personal records (always adding more):
- Most continents visited: 4
- Most countries visited: 44
- Furthest northern latitude: 68.36N (north of the Artic Circle) (Long:18.82E). Abisko, Sweden.
- Furthest southern latitude: 20°13′S (Long: 70°10′W). Iquique, Chile.
- Highest mountain climbed: Imbabura volcano at 15,118 feet (see Mountain climbing).
- Most number of times crossing the Atlantic: 11
- 1984 (1), 1988 (1), 1993 (1), 1995 (3), 1996 (1), 1997 (1), 1999 (1), 2000 (1), 2005 (1)
- Most number of times crossing the Pacific: 4
- 1995 (1), 1996 (3)