From Christoph's Personal Wiki
An analogue (or analog) synthesizer is a synthesizer that uses analogue circuits and analogue signals to generate sound electronically.
- Voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO)
- Low-frequency oscillation (LFO)
- Numerically-controlled oscillator (NCO)
- Variable-frequency oscillator (VFO)
- Variable-gain amplifier
- Voltage-controlled filter (VCF)
- Modular synthesizer
- CV/gate — (an abbreviation of control voltage/gate) is an analogue method of controlling synthesizers, drum machines, and similar equipment with external sequencers. The control voltage typically controls pitch and the gate signal controls note on-off.