From Christoph's Personal Wiki
A Disease Mapper is a term used to describe the art of predicting where and when a given disease will start and spread.
- data on rainfall, temperature, vegetation, etc.
- combined with satellite imagery (e.g., NASA, Google Maps), databases (e.g., CDC), expertise in a particular disease (e.g., Malaria), etc.
- current outbreaks of a particular disease
- predict future ones (where and when)
- universities, governments, consultancies, the United Nations, etc.
"Medical geographers" (e.g, Dr. John Snow) drew maps of outbreaks of cholera and yellow fever in 1854.
- Health Geography / Medical geography
- wikipedia:Geographic information system (GIS)
- wikipedia:GRASS — an open source, Free Software Geographical information system (GIS)
- Disease mapper — a web-based tool for interactive mapping of animal diseases.
- New Careers - Disease mapper — on Business 2.0 (accessed 2007-05-04)
- Recent Earthquakes: map generated by GRASS on the fly with PHP