My name is Christoph Champ (full name: Christoph du Champ de Hannieux des Jarlais) and this is my personal wiki. As is the trend these days with websites, this site will always be a work-in-progress (or a "beta" version).
Yes. I have a blog, however, I like using both blogs and wikis to organise my studies, research, work, interests, and hobbies. I have lived a very non-linear life.
I am a Third Culture Kid (or TCK; aka a "professional foreigner"). I have lived in or have travelled to 56 countries to date (as of May 2022). I consider myself a "citizen of the world", as I call no one country my home.
My life can be easily divided into chapters:
- Pre-school years (in the most literal sense of the word) — (Szentendre, Hungary)
- Primary school (boarding school) — (Neulengbach, Austria)
- Secondary school (boarding school) — (Szentendre, Hungary)
- Gymnasium — (Budapest, Hungary and Warsaw, Poland)
- Grand Tour — (Russia, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Hungary, Japan, Taiwan, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Slovakia, Czech Republic)
- Undergraduate studies — (BSc Biochemistry and Biophysics; Oregon State University)
- Graduate studies — (see: Academic Research; Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Danmarks Tekniske Universitet, København Universitet, University of Washington)
- Professional career
My interests are wide and I actively pursue ideas. I am training to become a scientist, however, I do not see this as just a future career, I see it as a way of life.
I also have a great number of hobbies and am always adding more.
My love of books runs deep. I try to read for at least an hour every day (books unrelated to my studies).
In my spare time, I create, maintain, and host websites.
I am a firm believer in standards and I try to incorporate these into any of my designs. My belief in standards is not just limited to the Internet. I am in favour of International Standards wherever we can find a way to have them.
I love languages and learning them and I speak a few. However, English is my primary language. As a side note, I prefer British English in speech and spelling.
My father, older brother, and I have been trying to set personal records of any kind for many years. These include anything from the most countries visited, the highest mountain climbed, the furthest north or south in latitude, the most time zones visited, etc.
Finally, I have a great group of friends and a great family. I try to promote them in any way I can. Because of this, there will be links to articles and sites showing their work.
- curriculum vitae (CV)
- My personal website (very much under construction)
- My personal blog
- My personal forum (for university-related stuff)
- My CV (CV, Résumé, Resume)
- xtof.ch — (dev and tiny URL website)
- marcxtof (IRC/coding nickname)
- c12p (personal numeronym; sometimes used in coding)
Directly via E-mail:
echo "email@example.com" | tr 'A-M N-Z a-m n-z' 'N-Z A-M n-z a-m'
tr 'P-~\!-O' '\!-~' <<<"49C:DE@A9]492>Ao8>2:=]4@>"
PGP Public Key
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- Version: SKS 1.1.4 Comment: Hostname: pgp.mit.edu mQENBFRgRcIBCADA3axK17Jd94M+tiuo+nBfMRT26wXdm+cJTZj4/m8hB7K+WC0GMvQ/kZaO 0INT00sYX/ymkJTGdJeElRz/dMDb2oMsDo2FmTgKd5WOQfuo6wAIaJwU5bC0oE/X0bt9D5P6 LLigADBrM9uCozG/yS/3DiORCx3HRitFk+SJ2OU2IXfyQh3rZo07Fo2vCsKfBEG4EHe+P6uc GSeY3Pe56zfP7FNqndJGggJbyS2r0kZcNafnqjchTDN8kvd8YelGEuRhLoklkszUgBX8v+pl 75ipbeKKm1C3JhDATGMXIDAUeNEPou1tWBydGNrkmNnpVLGhwoFe2NY3UqM7M128/nRHABEB AAG0K0NocmlzdG9waCBDaGFtcCA8Y2hyaXN0b3BoLmNoYW1wQGdtYWlsLmNvbT6JATgEEwEC ACIFAlRgRcICGwMGCwkIBwMCBhUIAgkKCwQWAgMBAh4BAheAAAoJECbVYi6LcF5kKaIH/RBF BiYEMJaV/03gtq9IKU79t82zkQEAwI8puCV49z6UkJqyM/0HCjYxJ4USjHLOmrOqIGK3XwoJ bgA0FappGP5uZXjWU54/pnE8nyO+6fpgXkm887CG9YxScMD3E360aIJ25HBTkURVphEpR+hy AksLwwcbKn7VKvz+JEP+W3Ug4YQA/sZzvMBZ7kr9GbayGK4YcfTDk7CjGO7GXSuxgNOi/U+Q jtzFLozHLTqs8guBGf+y9F9DtF7WTNJNCb48hX2nt5ts1zl3O0L2WWeGg0HJ/bXWPfEeAj29 +jPVRBboSPEdKAb23zeA+bkhCFFGxq6RoKytxhWAhH7lD2a+ZJW5AQ0EVGBFwgEIAJjcOgmm Anrhy98EpWP/9+FL3fXkJISoXK4ThSWk/kmZ3IuAfD3arkCtMSAPs2Q6kZ3KQWokIUE8KGny Yrd85qejdo4WQ/NksN43325OfMIKfd8Ui54bU8oARNvPpkvtZjVzJT0rhgRATilao0hrsRes MXSZ4YVtmLMiBve0EGPW+oimdMiovmo8hKsqvWXQG49Mo++CuqthZfm3eZLVU6Pd1H+rcaE6 zR2CdT8r23URdxSYxNak4Ny1k71PRwaCkR5kbQBFQOTNVrWqhdKYPXhzsSZEcPVyTCiX70EM C/bzbsB9AabHyyN8RtBxsvdXykWcLaQi7l2YqQhUtyyZ8P0AEQEAAYkBHwQYAQIACQUCVGBF wgIbDAAKCRAm1WIui3BeZHd5B/0WBWbbwKskl571I2SZ163y3aEc4+VurzbKeFZP0TquWdq7 hGHUS6NpsoTcoIOChCNWme0P8X8iTUHl0FKE44MRt37Cb18LXOyzCxPpKfXdvmpMaYlVdz5i 0H3doIBEnVv0IauyK9/sCzhXER6ZrZCllCvq4oprPq7caFZ0zTMQP25tuIr5yApDByJXoH7j 6Wwx5GnK7CH7GeEMtkup5tuxpJFEfQwQjgN7KrN1wx6wgwn3YUCy5ovuXHQOrIHXhq0mOwMt Tr9E8X2Nk55v+duNGXXaX/epxLxR+aHlcZ52jEUZVFwuH2b/PRYcgv4t4WP8X/PlUMRV23IJ 7jSFvabu =Q4Vk -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
SEE: - http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=0x54CAE6F7 - https://keybase.io/xtof